Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pterygium Post Surgery Over 963 days ago!

After one year my eye is still 100% healed, I am so happy that I had the surgery. It was 6 years of waiting for my doctor to give the okay to have the excision. He stated at the time I was still too young to have the surgery. At the first diagnosis in 2006 I was 34 years old.

My doctor stated the possibilities of a return of the pterygium to the same eye was too great of a chance to come back and regrow. However, by 2012 it started affecting my peripheral vision and my 20-10 vision.

Today I am 100% cured after the pterygium excision, and no signs of regrowth.
 Follow me at @pterygiumhelp

This is me 963 days after post operation. January 27, 2011 - August 19, 2014.
SUCCESS!

7 comments:

  1. My twitter account to see a picture of my eye at 425 days post operation is @pterygiumhelp. Best of luck to you in your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you tell me how long it took for the redness to go away completely? Or when you felt like your eye returned to a normal appearance? I know you posted a 6 month photo. Is that how long it took?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you tell the operation was done? Or is it actually totally white again? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there anything you could do to speed up the recovery like sleeping more time ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have a question i am 32 yrs old my eye doctor told me i have pterygium in my left eye he dont want to removed it cause it will regrow.he told me that im too young for my age to
    remove my pterygium on my left eye.i feel losing my hope to remove it because of my doctor told me that he cant removed it

    ReplyDelete